Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, April 06, 2018

Uncovered: Iceland Plein Air Studies


A collage of some 5x7 plein air studies from Iceland
I took a little trip to Iceland yesterday.....Only down memory lane though. I am preparing for my participation in the St. George Island Florida Paintout and I uncovered a portfolio book of plein air studies from Iceland!  I don't know how I missed taking them out of my portfolio book after the trip but it was a fun discovery.

I spent an amazing 10 days a couple of years ago visiting a good friend. Elinros is a talented artist and we spent our days exploring and painting and binge watching art videos. It was heaven! Of course Iceland is amazing but spending time with a good friend was priceless. So seeing these little studies brought back happy memories.

If you would like to read about how I pack paper for plein air trips have a look at this post from the archives: https://kemstudios.blogspot.com/2015/05/packing-for-plein-air-trip-part-one.html

'Iceland Study'      5x7      pastel

5x7    pastel
I have 10 5x7 Iceland painting currently available in my Etsy shop. Click here to see them all www.etsy.com/shop/karenmargulisfineart

2 comments:

MYSTELIOS said...

Very wonderful landscape paintings !!!

robertsloan2art said...

These are wonderful! So happy you found them. Are you considering doing larger studio versions of any of them? The scenes are so spectacular.